Emergency/Urgent Pet Care
If you think your pet needs emergency medical treatment, contact us immediately at 317-218-3731. We’re here for pets in Noblesville and surrounding areas. During our normal business hours, we’ll make every effort to treat your pet promptly.
After business hours, please contact the following for emergency pet care:
VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center
7712 Crosspoint Commons
Fishers, IN 46038
9650 Mayflower Park Dr.
Carmel, IN 46032
Signs of a Pet Emergency
Sometimes, you may be unsure your pet needs emergency care. While pets can exhibit subtle symptoms for certain medical conditions, your pet will show some definite signs during a true emergency. The following are signs your pet needs emergency care:
Your dog has pale, almost white gums
Your pet is unconscious
Blood is in your pet’s vomit or feces
Your pet recently had or is having a seizure
You cannot feel a pulse or it is faint or rapid
Your pet is breathing rapidly
Your pet has vomiting or diarrhea that lasts longer than 24 hours
Your pet collapsed or is having trouble standing
Your dog has a hard, swollen abdomen
Four or more hours have passed since your pregnant pet has gone into labor
If Your Pet Ingests Something Toxic
Many plants, household items and chemicals are toxic to pets. If you think your pet has ingested something toxic, call the American Society to Prevent Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is your best resource for poison control 24 hour a day, 365 days a year. They can be reached at (888) 426-4435.
Antifreeze is highly toxic to pets and humans. Because of its sweet smell and taste, your pet is more likely to ingest ethylene glycol, the poisonous ingredient in antifreeze. If dogs eat large amounts of chocolate, they can experience painful vomiting and diarrhea, or even death. Cats should stay away from many varieties of lilies due to their toxicity. Signs your pet has ingested something toxic include drooling, vomiting, appetite loss and diarrhea. Please contact us if you think your pet needs emergency care, or contact the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center if you think your pet has ingested a poisonous substance.
To make an appointment call us at 317-218-3731 or fill out the appointment request form.